Thursday, November 4, 2010

How do you make hot cocoa?

As soon as it gets cold outside, I like to make myself and my children hot cocoa. Summertime is s'mores time and fall and winter time are hot cocoa time... I love to mix it up. I have several different ways that I like to make my hot cocoa. I also love adding toppings to it, such as marshmallows, whipped cream, candy canes, etc.

I would like this post to be a bit more interactive and I want to hear your responses on how you make your hot cocoa.. I will post my cocoa recipes while it's nice and cold outside. So stay tuned and please share your cocoa recipes. I like to try new ways to make it.

Rich and Decadent Hot Cocoa

Ingredients:

Bar of good quality chocolate... (Lindt, Ghirardelli, etc.)
1 - 2 Tbsp. of sugar (dark chocolate usually needs a bit more sugar)
pinch of salt
2 cups of whole milk
1/2 tsp of vanilla

Optional: marshmallows, whipped cream, candy cane

Heat a saucepan to medium heat... Break up the good quality chocolate into small pieces and put into saucepan, then add milk...Keep stirring. You can use a whisk or a wooden spoon. Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla, sugar and salt. Stir until chocolate is totally melted and mixed. Pour into your mugs, add toppings and enjoy!


P.S. Don't forget to turn the stove off....

1 comment:

  1. this sound soooo yummy.....but I'm lazy, it's swiss miss around here! LOL!! with lots of whipped cream :)

    ReplyDelete