Sunday, November 7, 2010

Planning this Year's Thanksgiving Menu

I throw all the holiday dinners at my home, because I want to eat what I like for that specific holiday. I want to make sure everyone eats well and has been fed like a king or queen. I always make way too much food and have leftovers forever. I love it and look forward to every holiday, because I get to cook certain things that I don't always have during a regular dinner night. It's like the special day when you get to have all your comfort foods at once. Can you tell that I am a foodie? Well, I am and now it's time to plan my Thanksgiving dinner menu. I have put lots of thought into it for a little over a month now. "Crazy", you say. Well, yes it is, but I so far there have never been any complaints at one of my holiday dinners, so it can't be that bad.

2010 Thanksgiving Menu (Rough Draft -give or take)
Candied walnuts, cranberries and gorgonzola harvest salad
Brined Roasted Glazed Turkey
Mushroom and Turkey Gravy
Vegetarian brown gravy
Best ever golden mashed potatoes
Candied yams
Sauteed red cabbage with caraway and apples
The best vegetarian stuffing ever
Garlic green beans
Cranberry and orange sauce
Freshly baked wheat dinner rolls

Spiced Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
Bourbon Pecan Pie
Fresh Whipped Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment