Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My new bread machine

For many years, I wanted to purchase a bread machine. I love to cook and bake and thought I should have every kitchen gadget possible. I love the smell and taste of freshly baked bread and knew that the bread machine would make this possible for me. I know what you are probabaly thinking, "Use a loaf pan". And yes, a loaf pan works but I didn't want the hastle of the other processes and the mess they make. Like mixing up the, waiting for it to rise for "x" amount of time, and then finally baking it. The bread machine does everything. I just put my ingredients in and it does the work for me. A few hours later, I have a fresh loaf of bread. And I can even set it on a timer so that I have freshly baked bread as I wake up in the morning. Perfect with a nice big slather of butter and honey. Bread machines can be pretty expensive, but I found one for about $50. This is the exact machine I have and I love it: Breadman TR520 Programmable Bread Maker for 1-, 1-1/2-, and 2-Pound Loaves. I have made honey wheat bread alot and cinnamon raisin bread. These are my two favorites. It is much more cost efficient then buying good bread at the store and has no crap in it. No high fructose corn syrup, artificial sugars, etc. So much healthier than a lot of breads out there and so delicious. I especially love the lingering scent of freshly baked bread in my house. It's actually in the air as I type this, since my bread just finished baking 10 minutes ago. And yes, I already had a slice. No low carb girl here! Moderation is the key!

No comments:

Post a Comment