Sunday, May 16, 2010

Zumba

So one of my passions at the moment is Zumba. I absolutely love it, can't get enough of it. "What is Zumba?", you say. Well it's dancing to latin and international music to make exercise fun. They are based on salsa, cumbia, merengue, reggaeton and other dance styles and forms. It is interval training, so the pace will pick up from slow to fast to slow, etc. I always think of it as an hour at a dance club, minus some guy trying to hit on me and minus the drinks. Okay, drinks would be nice, but come on...it's a fitness class. If you have never tried it, you need to. It is a fun way to get a real good calorie burn in. I usually can burn 500 - 700 calories in a class, based on my Polar heart rate monitor. So my thing now is that I might actually go take the class to become an instructor. I love to do the classes, but don't know if I have the nerves to teach the class or the memory to teach all those people that usually come to a Zumba class... What a dilemma...I will keep you all posted regarding the outcome of becoming a Zumba instructor and I would love to hear you post comments on what you think of Zumba...

1 comment:

  1. Hey you know how I feel about Zumba! :o)

    As far as the instructor thing goes, I think you should try doing a few of the songs at home from memory and see how you do. Or, try learning one from your DVD and see if you are able to remember the whole thing w/out watching the DVD after you learn it. That would be the first step as far as retention goes, I would think! As far as teaching other people though, that would be a different story...

    ReplyDelete